Friday, July 9, 2010

For Alexis Panaligan

You may want to sit down before you read this. I dedicate this post to you my friend. Dearest Weezer buddy, you have always been there as a shoulder to cry on when new Weezer albums have come to disappoint. It is only because I love you so much that I post this. Think of it as an homage to your greatness (HAHA just kidding. Wouldn't that be wonderful for you?)

I've been doing quite a bit of cooking over this summer, but I never seem to make an effort to take pictures. Not until this week. This week, revenge comes in full swing. I present to you, red velvet cupcakes.

>Go ahead, get your taste buds some tissue cause they should be crying right now.
I made these for my boyfriend who had SOMEHOW never had red velvet cupcakes before. He has lived in the south his entire life and has somehow never stumbled onto this glorious creation, sent straight from heaven.

Did you know that you were the person to get me hooked on red velvet? True story. You had that home made red velvet cake from somewhere during the summer before you left for college. I think we had some after that trip to Harajuku or something like that. Good times? Delicious times. MMMmm.

Next on the food gloating agenda is a strawberry and blueberry pie.

I went berry picking with one of my friends and got a ton of blueberries for three bucks even! Yeehaw. I should have brought my camera to that, and in fact I will make an effort to bring my camera every where now for blogging purposes. In any case, I ran out blueberries so I had to get 2 cups of strawberries from Josh. Then we carved into the top crust.

Josh.
Maura.

Alexis. <3


Finally, I made some shrimp fried rice for Josh. It was delicious, and I think you would have enjoyed it Alexis. I really do. (Picture is from a droid)


Now, I did cook other things. I cooked them and I thought of you Alexis. I had your suffering in mind of course. I just didn't have the foresight to take pictures! Bah!

1 comment:

alexis said...

My dearest fantastic and friendly food enemy,

Where do I begin. I'll start by saying that as I'm typing this message, I am crying... Maybe it's the fault of Bill Evan's "My Foolish Heart" on repeat... maybe it's having an entire food blog post dedicated to me... maybe it's because sometimes (especially over the summer) waves of loneliness and nostalgia overcome me and I can't help but think about Japan and the friends who fueled my love for the country, the food, for fully embracing each others' geekiness, for the overall experience of living abroad, but it was never "abroad" for us... it was always "home." Maura, I may sound like I'm an emotional wreck, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Despite not having seen you since 2006, I feel as if we are forever connected in this food fight, and it makes me so happy to be your best culinary enemy ;). I keep my friends close, but my enemies closer. Consider yourself lucky then... to be a rival. You should also know that this is only the beginning. Isn't it wonderful?

always in love,
alexis