Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Discussion

I love my friends.
Even here at Chapel Hill, I've managed to meet great people that I see on a daily or weekly basis.
Some of them are amazing. They're intelligent, poetic, and hilarious-- and they care.
As for some of the others, I have one qualm. Is it so much to ask for a little depth? If I keep up with you, I like you. You are my friend. Why is it that everything you say is, in some way, a complaint? Can our discussion at lunch and/or dinner revolve around something other than your disappointment in the dining hall's choice of food for the day? Do you think putting your complaints into prose makes them any more valid or interesting to hear?
I don't understand people who make an overwhelming effort to be indie. They'll go out of their way to make everything they say sound poetic, when they aren't really saying anything at all.
Thank you for taking 5 minutes to explain common sense to me. Yah, I really appreciate it. I love to hear it. Girl, just relax and be yourself and stop worrying about having something to say about everything.
So again, I ask for depth. I know it's there. I don't ask for much. I just want to keep up a conversation without referring to the weather, the food, or how tired you are.
Welcome to college. Welcome to North Carolina.


Shut up.
:)


Sometimes I really miss my friends in Japan and Richlands... but I like it here.

2 comments:

Heather said...

i miss you tons. :(
hopefully i'll be there in two-ish years.


btw i found youuuu. :)

<3 heather

Jennifer said...

poetic while dissing lunch?
XD

i wanna hear some...